Shoulder Pain – The Best Stretch
Performed correctly, I guarantee that you can instantly relieve shoulder pain that occurs between the shoulder blades. Many people experience pain between the shoulder blades. This is usually the result of stress, poor posture, or both. This area is a common spot for trigger points. Self treatment for trigger points is explained here.
This exercise is done seated. You will need a chair on which you can easily hold the seat. Let’s say you have shoulder pain near the right shoulder blade.
- Hold onto the seat with the right hand, 5 to 6 inches (130-150 mm) behind the right hip.
- Keep the back straight and the head over the shoulders
- Lean to the left and slightly forward i.e. directly away from the hand holding the seat.
- Let the chin drop to the chest
- Move the head to the left side – you will feel a stretch anywhere from your right ear to the right shoulder
- Hold this position for 3-4 breaths
- Shrug the shoulder of the hand holding the seat for 3-4 breaths. (It may feel that nothing is happening, but something is)
- Stop shrugging- breathe in
- As you exhale lean further away from the restraining hand
- Hold this position for 5 breaths
- Repeat steps 7-9
- To come out of the stretch, move your head back to the chest, remove the restraining hand and gently straighten up.
Now you will be able to notice the difference, between both shoulders. Perform this stretch whenever you start to experience any shoulder pain between the shoulder blades.
0412 757 712
You're in Good Hands....Naturally